Making shaker cards is so fun and really very easy. Here are a couple of tips
- Create a card front with an opening in it - any shape will do.
- Cut a piece of Window Sheet large enough to cover the opening, but slightly smaller than the card front.
- Cover the opening with a Window sheet securing it around the edges of the opening. This will be the back of your Shaker card front.
- Line the opening with the Foam Strips - make sure there is no opening for the filling to slip out.
- Sprinkle the Shaker Filling in to the space.
- Peel off the "sticky" covering and attach a piece of card stock that is cut the same size as your card front.
- Attach this to your card base.
If you want you can decorate the backing paper (number 6) which will be seen thru the window, Be creative - use stamping, patterned paper or a combination to make a delightful background.
Filling your shaker card is part of the creative process too - Teri used white Mica Flakes.
Stampin' Up! has some great shaker card filling that you can purchase from the holiday catalog:
It's called Mica Flakes trio pack.
Item number 141998 - $9. But you can use sequins, beads or punched shapes. Even candy sprinkles. You be the artist.
Have fun creating your own shaker.