Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Tips for Stampin' Up! Layering Framelits

I love Stampin' Up! layering framelits - they are a must have. 

However, they present one challenge to me - and maybe to you too - I can't always remember which framelit I used on a card. Here's a tip for you that will definitely save you time and frustration.

I store my framelits in a plastic stamp case sold by Stampin' Up! (119105 - $6 for 4 cases). I attach magnetic "paper" to the inside of the case to hold the framelits. I put the magnet paper inside the front cover so that I can see the dies even when the case is closed. This helps me make sure I am not missing any dies before I put the case away.



The magnetic paper I use is a Magnetic Vent Cover that I purchased at the local big box hardware store. It is attached with Tear & Tape.

Then I put a sample of all the dies on the front of the box and make note of the number of dies in the set on the front too:

Because it is very easy to loose the small intricate dies when they stick to the card stock, I do a little count before putting the set away. This has saved me from loosing a small die several times.

I have gone one step further with the layering dies. I have marked the size of the die on the front of the box and I gave each die a number - like this:



I must credit a very talented and clever Stampin' Up! demonstrator, Dawn Olchefske, for the measurements. She has a wonderful tool on her web site that shows the measurements for all Stampin' Up! Dies - HERE is the link. 

And I did not think up the number system myself, either - I borrowed it from another demonstrator - unfortunately I cannot remember this talented person's name to give them credit. 



On the inside, each die is marked with the corresponding number using a permanent marker. Now when I make a card, all I need to do is note the size of the die on a "sticky" note inside the card and I can easily duplicate that size again, without extra time to measure and compare.

This process has really made using dies easy and it has been great for my card classes too. Hope you got some good ideas today.



Don't forget - today and tomorrow - you can get 25% off the following items. If you check back on Thursday (9/8/16) - I'll be posting a new set of special items


Don't forget to download a copy of the seasonal catalog - you're gonna love it!






No comments:

Post a Comment