Friday, August 30, 2024

Mixing it up with Stampin' Up!

A Grand Mishmash of Products


This beautiful layout was inspired by Tammy C Wilson at Stamps, Paper, Scissors. Thanks to Tammy for this beautiful idea. 

I had fun using the new Two-Tone 12x12 cardstock that Stampin' Up! just added to its line of products. This color is Mink. The paper was acquired from CTMH (Close to My Heart) after it went out of business earlier this year. 



I love the two-tone look of this paper. I used the darker shaded side for the embossed panel and the lighter shade for the stamped greeting. Be aware that the ink does not dry as quickly on this cardstock as it does on Stampin' Up! traditional cardstock.

Also note - the paper is white inside. You can use a sanding block to run over the embossed image and the white will come through to give a wonderful vintage look. I noted a sight drawback. The paper is not as thick, and the black ink will bleed through to the other side (only slightly) so you cannot turn it over and use the other side if you make a mistake. 

I know I'm going to enjoy using this new line of products.


The card was so fun and it's a mishmash of so many products. Some new, some old.

The greeting and splatter come from a set called Love & Strength (item # 164252). This beautiful set will be available to purchase on Sept 4, 2024. 

The Bird and the banner shape are cut from some new paper as well. It was released earlier this year as a special purchase and now it will be available in the Winter Mini on Sept 4. 2024. It's called Nests of Winter (item #164183).

The bird was "fussy" cut and I used the wonderful "Take Your Pick Tool" pack add on that includes a craft blade. This is a must have for fussy little spots like between the bird and the branch. 

Dies for the foliage are from Citrus Blooms and Country Flowers. I love both of these bundles and use them often. 

My favorite bit of bling is the Iridescent Foil gems. They are delightful.


 
Inside, I stamped the bird from the coordinating Winterly Winterly Tree Tops stamp set coming out 9/4 (#164184). I colored the birds with Watercolor Pencils and blended the colors with the blender pen. 

 Items that are available for purchase will be listed at the bottom of this post. You can just click on them to be taken to my store.  Items that are going to be released on 9/4 are noted above. 

If you don't have an Annual Stampin' Up! catalog, you can download a pdf copy from my sidebar. If you want to get a copy of the Winter Mini catalog, come back on 9/4 to download your pdf copy. If you are a customer of mine, you should have received your printed copy in the mail.  Let me know if you didn't receive yours!

Like this card? Leave a comment!






 

Product List
Blender Pens
[102845]
$14.00

No comments:

Post a Comment