Sunday, July 14, 2024

Stampin' Up! Sketches provide inspiration for many layouts.

 I love how we can use the card sketches in the annual catalog (page 22) to jump start our creativity. If you don't have a copy, you can download a pdf version from my side bar.


This card is taken directly from the products on page 22 and the layout on the bottom right. I would never have combined these colors, but I love how they worked together. And the layout became the start of 3 more great cards. See what I mean with these cards:


Using the same layout, I stepped it up a bit. I heat embossed the greeting, added some glimmer papers and some fun flowers with gem centers. 


With this one, I left out the white panel, added flowers from Translucent florals (with lots of Wink of Stella) and a stamped greeting in the bottom corner.


This one includes the dies and paper from the Thoughtful Wishes
 suite.

If you get stumped for ideas, be sure to turn to the catalog for inspiration. Try the layouts on page 22 for starters. Then try CASEing a card that you like. Don't worry about using the same products. Just use what you have in your craft cupboard and improvise. Note how I colored the White Twine with Flirty Flamingo Stampin Blends to make it go with my card. 

I look through the catalog to see how to use my Designer Series Paper in a new way. Besides this fun layout, I have noticed die cuts being cut from the patterned paper. They look stunning. I also look for new ways to use my ribbon. What to do besides a bow. I am working to use nests of twine and ribbon or loops instead of bows or maybe just wrapped ribbon. 

What ideas can you come up with?

I would love to get your comments and pictures of the results of your Creative Inspiration. You can share pictures on my facebook page. 

                Follow my Facebook page Stamp and Ink with Marti 

                or join my Facebook Group Stamp and Ink with Marti Group






No comments:

Post a Comment