Sunday, August 14, 2016

When Your Designer Series Paper Won't Work

What do you do when you just don't have the right pattern or color of designer series paper to make that card you have in mind? Try another card?


Nuh Uh! You make your own!


That's what I do and it is so easy. Look for a stamp set that has multiple sizes of images. It may not matter that the images are totally different - for example, it doesn't have to be all flowers. It could be flowers and triangles. You are the designer.

Choose colors that you think look good together.

Get some scrap paper and stamp away until something hits that "Oh Yah" spot.


I chose two images from Balloon Celebration stamp set and stamped in Dapper Denim and Melon Mambo. I kept my images spaced far apart because I did not want it to take over the card. 

Always start with the larger image first. Stamp randomly. Then take the next smaller image and start filling in the spots. Keep going until you have the density of design that you want.

Here are a few more examples for you.

 Don't be afraid to experiment - you will find some lovely and fun combinations. The best part - your card will be unique!

The bear on my card is made with - you guessed it --- Fox Builder Punch! And I think he is darling!


After punching the body and head for the fox, I rounded the ears with my scissors.

I added a few punches to get the nose and feet. The Owl Builder punch has perfect size circles for the feet.  The 1/4" circle punch creates the nose. 

The face and feet are stamped with the Foxy Friends Stamp set. Plus, I stamped the ears by inking up just the nose.  I cut out the bow with scissors.

One Tip - sponging around the edges will help create the three dimensional look.



I embossed the greeting from Greatest Greetings (which is a great accompaniment to this bundle by the way). I stamped in Versamark ink, then in Dapper Denim ink. I sprinkled the clear embossing powder on the stamped image and shook off the excess. Then I heated the image until it turned glossy. 

Don't forget to add the enamel shape in Melon Mambo and finish the inside of your card too!



Make your own Foxy Friends Card collection

Foxy Friends Stamp Set - Photopolymer (141549
Fox Builder Punch (141470)
Bundle the two and save - 142326
Balloon Celebration - Photopolymer (140675)
Greatest Greetings (1040703 wood or 140706 clear)

Cardstock: Dapper Denim (141414), Melon Mambo (115320), Whisper White (100730)
Ink:  Dapper Denim, Melon Mambo,Versamark
Gently falling Embossing Folder
Big Shot
Enamel Shapes - Brights

SHOP TODAY



No comments:

Post a Comment