Sunday, June 19, 2016

Cas(e) this Sketch #177 - Botanical Blooms

Have you seen a lot of cards using Botanical Blooms from Stampin' Up?


Yup!  And that's because Botanical Blooms is a wonderful stamp set. You will love using it. And when you bundle it with the Botanical Builder Framelits, you will love it even more. This is just one card I have created.

 
I created this card to meet the challenge posted on Cas(e) this Sketch blog. This is the sketch:
 
http://casethissketch.blogspot.com/

This case was fun to do. It was my first challenge and I will definitely try again - it was very inspiring.  Just a few notes on how I make my card.

The flowers are cut from vellum and colored with Blushing Bride and Pink Pirouette Stampin' Write Marking pens. The larger flowers are Pink Pirouette and they are attached over a stamped image in Blushing Bride. The center of the tiny flowers is White Perfect Accents. The leaves are stamped in Pear Pizzazz (leaf) and Wild Wasabi (veins).



For the greeting, I used the word "amazing" from the stamp "my amazing mom" found in the set called Greatest Greetings. I find myself reaching for this set over and over. Since I only wanted the word "amazing, I used adhesive tape to cover the other words on the stamp, then I inked the stamp in Black Memento ink. Before stamping, I removed the tape. The word 'you" comes from the stamp set called "Work of Art" -- -another marvelous set.

As with all creative endeavors, it's important to finish it properly. In this case, that means stamping inside too and making a matching envelope.




If you see something you like, you can always buy it at my online store. Or if you live close by, book a workshop or come to a card class. I would love to share ideas with you.
 
 
 
 



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment